You will be asked...
How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict? Tell me of a time when you helped resolve a dispute between others.
- Questions about your past ways of acting or behaving
- Questions about relationships and your interactions with others
- Questions to evaluate or critique yourself
- These questions are either easy to give the wrong answer or the most obvious answer is the wrong answer.
- I once had an employee that questioned and argued against everything I proposed for the team. I expected some push back because I was the new manager, but he took it far beyond reasonable. I had set the tone that I was an open door type of guy and that I wanted to address all problem head on. I called him into my office one day to discuss his objections with me. It turns out he was open to openly discussing everything. He expressed that he had been managed by 3 complete idiots before me and he was tired of following idiots. I challenged him to stump me on anything related to my job. He realized that I not only knew my stuff, but I was willing to teach him and I would protect him from the bureaucracy as my team member. After that little session, he turned out to be my biggest advocate and the first one to defend me. - by Staff
- Talk about a specific incident and focus on how you solved the problem for a favorable outcome and not on the problem itself. - by Staff